Impermax QC is a high performance waterproofing material based on polyurethane which provides the finest quality finish available for the professional pond constructor. With correct application, Impermax results in a smooth and seamless membrane, more than twice the thickness of a conventional butyl liner (1.4mm-1.9mm).
The finish is comparable to fibreglass or polyurethane but has the advantage of being highly elastic and able to withstand expansion, contraction or slight movement in the supporting structure without compromise to its waterproof integrity. Impermax is available in grey and black as standard but for quantities in excess of 1000kg can be mixed to any RAL colour.
Impermax has a standard coverage rate of 2kg per square meter – applied in two coats – each of a different colour. In almost all scenarios it is recommended that an even coat of Impermax Grey is applied at 1kg per square meter followed by a second coat of Impermax Black at the same coverage rate. Should you want the finished application to be grey in appearance then it is possible to start with Impermax Black, allowing the second and final coat to be Impermax Grey.
swimming pool under construction awaiting Impermax waterproofing.
Application of Impermax*
- Clean surface thoroughly and ensure area is dry
- Prime with Pond Seal Primer, Humidity Primer or PU Primer depending on the surface
- Once primer has cured (4-6 hours in general), apply adhesive layer of Impermax in areas where structural support is recommended (where the wall meets the base, any corners etc).
- Embed strips of fibreglass matting into the adhesive layer or Impermax. The same can be done where detailing is required. E.g. Around flange connectors, entering pipework etc
- Determine how much of the surface to be sealed is vertical and/or sloped. This will affect how much Thixotrophic treated Impermax you will require
- Once the adhesive Impermax and fibreglass matting has cured apply first coat of Impermax at 1kg/m². Vertical/Sloped areas will require Impermax mixed with Thixotrophic. Use a spiked roller to take out any bubbles in the first coat. Allow to fully cure (4-6 hours as standard, can be expedited to 2-3 hours with the use of Pur Cat)
- Ensuring the first coat is cured, proceed with the second coat. Again, if there are small bubbles present a gentle roll with the spiked roller will eliminate them. *Please be aware this is a very basic method statement used only to give an idea of the process. We recommend using the full instruction manual and also always enquiring with one of our experts before application.
*Please be aware this is a very basic method statement used only to give an idea of the process. We recommend using the full instruction manual and also always enquiring with one of our experts before application.
Additional Impermax Products
Humidity Primer allows Impermax and Pond Seal to be used to be used on porous surfaces, ensuring adequate adhesion and prevention of the formation of blisters in the waterproof membrane.
Humidity Primer Accelerant
Humidity Primer Accelerant decreases the curing time of Humidity Primer from 6 to 2 hours and is always required if the temperature drops below 5°C.
PU Primer is essential when applying Impermax to nonporous surfaces such as existing pond sealants, tiles, metal, glass fibre and plastics. The product prepares the surface to ensure adequate adhesion and prevent peeling of the membrane.
For any Information or Enquiries contact us on – 07970 455 050 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or directly to Krypton Chemicals